Global Foundation seeks Administrative Assistant (32hrs/w) in The Netherlands
DRK Foundation is seeking an experienced, reliable, and dedicated administrative assistant in The Hague, The Netherlands to support operational activities, such as scheduling, filing, expense accounting and general office management. You are someone inspired by learning, helping others, and working hard for a mission-driven organization. You are highly organized with high integrity, initiative, and accountability with an attention for details and a self-directed person able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities independently.
Supporting Managing Director in The Netherlands (60% of time allocation)
- Manage calendar and coordinate logistics
- Review correspondence and prepare responses
- Uphold a good filing system
- Prepare MD expense reports in a timely manner.
- Manage and update the portfolio record keeping process through Salesforce and Google Docs and ensure that records are kept up to date.
- Coordinate with offices in Nairobi and the United States and entrepreneurs in Europe and India
Supporting the wider European team (25% of time allocation)
- Manage calendars and schedules and coordinate logistics
- Support and coordinate staff travel arrangements, expenses processing and logistics
- Support and manage events planning including pre- and post-event management.
Office Management (15% of time allocation)
- Manage offices expenses, bank accounts, invoicing and maintain key organizational filings with authorities.
- Handle all correspondence in Dutch.
- A relevant degree
- 4+ years of experience in similar positions
- Experience with event planning & travel logistics
- Experience in a client and/or customer service environment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, Salesforce, Google Drive
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills with fluency in English and Dutch
- Excellent attention to detail
- Discretion, confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and a friendly/welcoming attitude
- Comfortable working cross-culturally
Our Work Environment
The position is for 32 hours a week.
DRK has mandatory office hours twice a week in a beautiful office in The Hague.
Depending upon experience and knowledge €3.833,00 to €4.200,33 full time gross equivalent. You will receive 8% vacation allowance over the received fixed gross salary during the vacation allowance year.
Full-time employees also accrue 25 days annually of paid time off.
Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation is the largest venture philanthropy in the United States. Established in 2002, DRK finds, funds and supports early stage social enterprises with extraordinary leadership and innovations that can scale. With a hands-on support model and a global portfolio, there are currently five offices globally: Menlo Park (California, USA), Boston (Massachusetts, USA), Dallas (Texas, USA), The Hague (The Netherlands) and Nairobi (Kenya), From its European headquarters in The Hague, it manages its global portfolio and expands the European portfolio.
Enterprises in the DRK portfolio strive to directly impact 10,000 lives or more in their first 3 years. Almost 44% of the enterprises in the portfolio are directly impacting 50,000 lives; 26% have directly impacted over 500,000 lives; and 20% of the portfolio—that’s 40+ organizations—have impacted over one million lives. Many of these highly impactful organizations are less than 8 years old. In aggregate, organizations in the portfolio have directly impacted 300 million lives.
DRK currently seeks three forms of partnership in the Netherlands: social entrepreneurs and enterprises that may be eligible for support; donor partners to DRK who are interested in bringing a new kind of philanthropic practice to Europe and can support DRK’s expansion and outreach to European entrepreneurs; foundations and investors who are interested in supporting or co-investing in highly impactful social enterprises.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to Ingrid Rampersad via email: firstname.lastname@example.org